As the global shopping experience becomes more and more impersonal, with customers increasingly preferring to make purchases online rather than in-store, online merchants are looking for new and innovative ways to interact with visitors on their sites and build brand loyalty with them.
Recommendations based on past purchases, saving returning users’ credentials on-site, and the choice of signing in using existing social accounts are simple ways that merchants can adapt their online stores for the convenience and reception of customers.
The modern online shopper demands this level of service whenever they make purchases – and if merchants don’t provide this, they can easily find another company that will.
In the same way, merchants should insist on excellent account management when choosing providers whose services they will use. The relationship between payments provider and merchant is especially important to nurture given that the handling of customers’ funds is so sensitive and integral to the checkout process.
When choosing a payments provider, there are certain key indicators that merchants should look for to ensure excellent standards of account management:
- Pre-contract assessment – your payments provider should work with you to assess your current payments landscape and business goals, before creating an intelligent payments strategy that will maximise your sales.
- Constant access to help and support – payment companies should provide a named account manager with whom merchants have regular contact, and who is always available should questions or issues arise. This includes route to escalation and on-hand technical support 24/7.
- Upgrades where available – like any service provider, payment companies are constantly improving their suite of products and services. Your account managers should always keep you updated with the latest advances in their payments technology.
A payments provider that truly cares about you and your customers
At Secure Trading, one of the major pillars of our business, and which is one of the very first things we mention when talking to prospective merchants, is the quality of our account management and technical support.
As standard, Secure Trading provide all our merchants with access to:
- A named, UK-based account manager who will work with you throughout your relationship with us
- A UK-based support team of payments experts
- MyST, our state-of-the-art personal area and reporting system, which helps you to analyse and track transactions
Secure Trading make sure that our customers are kept happy. But don’t just take our word for it. Here are what’s been said about our customer care by some key decision-makers:
Rob Sendall, Managing Director at Lifetime Legal: “The strength of our relationship with Secure Trading lies in the great support and cooperation we get from the team, which is something that we highly value and appreciate. That’s exactly why we chose Secure Trading, which had both the technical expertise in its acquiring solution and customer service experience to increase conversion and acceptance rates.”
John Simms, owner of The Weston Hotel: “Secure Trading’s attention to detail when it comes to customer service was a key influence is deciding to take them on as acquirer. We have a dedicated account manager who is always available, as well as access to a friendly and helpful UK-based support team.”
To speak to one of our friendly and insightful team of experts about how Secure Trading and acquiring.com’s payment solutions can boost sales for your business, give us a call today on 02036912697, or drop us an email on [email protected]